It's about how I write my feelings here.
Profile

Tan Cheng Hwee
Chtan, TCH, CH
3rd March
I am a fan of Harry Potter stories :D

Well, unfortunately, I have a great fear of failure ~.~

Jukebox


Tag



Links

Layout: vehemency
Icon: reruntherace

Those with name stroked may let me know their new link if they have.
I'm just lazy to add new links after
I delete them, lol.

| 4E2'09 rulez! ♥ | 2E1'ohseven! |

  1. Agatha Antoniette Anuar
  2. Bao Xin
  3. Calvin Chen Lin Cindy
  4. Dayana
  5. Esther ♥
  6. Faezah Faridah
  7. Geraldine Gina
  8. Hilda Hilmy
  9. -
  10. Jaslyn Jing Yi Joanne Joshua
  11. Kah Yarn Kok Pin
  12. Lilin Lin Yong
  13. Min Xue
  14. -
  15. -
  16. Pern Hong Poh Khee ♥
  17. -
  18. River
  19. Shu Ting Sheena.T Sheena.L Sim Yee Su Ling Su Yi
  20. Tania
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
  26. Zechariah Zi Ying

Memories

Sunday, February 01, 2009, 5:10:00 PM

Liming: You will get a chance to go in the future! Yes I'm back! :D

Suyi: :DDD

Sheena: Hey there! I bought snacks back! :] Will update asap!

Zech: Haha! Just laugh about it, dont have to bother her. Anyway she's just gonna kill me instead of killing those who laugh at her F3

Joanne: Too bad? HAHA!

Gina: I bring myself go~

Eternity: Hello PK! I'm back in Singapore already!<3 Yes, damn shiok!

PH: you no need to do anything, aint that good?

Anuar: HAHA! Dont worry I'm back. And you struggled, LOL!

Agatha: HAHAHA! Beware! :]

ST: Coming up!


Pictures first before I go into the details of my holiday at Korea. I'm actually quite packed with many tasks ~.~ Just click on them, I complied them together, else I would have hundreds of pictures to upload - that will be insane. Worse than insane.

We went to Nami Island, or Namiseom for the scenery view and it's history background after arriving at Korea, Seoul. Gosh, it was freezing there. The 4 of us werent warmly dressed and it certainly feels different walking on Korea pathway compared to on Singapore pathway. Why? I could feel as if I was thrown into an ice pool and my face was freezing as if someone had pushed my face against ice.

Anyway, Nami Island is named after a General, General Nami, who was falsely accused by someone and hence was killed. Later when the Emperor found out the truth, this island was therefore, dedicated to and named after General Nami. It's a lovely place with picturesque scenery. Seems Autumn season because of the orange-brown leaves around (but it's winter -.-)



After a sumptuous meal of Korean Chicken Hot Plate, which was awesome, we went to Phoenix Park Hotel, a Ski Resort. Oh gosh, it was snowing there! 26th day of 2009, 16th year of my life, I saw snow! Flakes of white and icy snows descended from the sky and landed on the snowy ground. The process was recorded down with my video camera. However, I have no intention of uploading the videos because I have videos of 3+GB big, so tell me, how long will I take to finish uploading them -.- Anyway, yes it was indeed unforgettable, walking in snow :D



The day ended with sets of winter jackets/sweaters and pants in the room, which were collected in a Ski Shop (included in the tour) after a hot and delicious meal. Soon after returning to the resort, the 4 of us went to bed, replenishing energy for the next day, with the moon hung high up and stars shining brightly in the sky :]

After breakfast at a resturant in the resort, we went for outdoor activities. First, around 9.40am (Korea time. Singapore 8.40am), we took cable car, ascending to a snow hill/mountain to enjoy it's photogaphic scenery - an overview of the Ski Resort. Again, it was very cold, especially being high up at a snow hill/mountain. With the the time reaching 10am, we descended and got ready for our next activity - skiing.



We went ahead borrowing shoes that are especially designed for skiing and ski equipments after a briefing by our tour guide, Lisa, a middle-age China/Taiwanese-Korean lady, who is humorous, gregarious and friendly. It was quite tedious to fit your foot into the ski shoes because it was very tight. The purpose for its tightness was to help us balance ourselves on the slippery snow, I guess. Anyway, it doesnt feel to same wearing ski shoes and our casual shoes - tight and loose. Had a hard time walking with these big and heavy shoes (Lisa said each weigh about 3kg), and worse when walking with the ski equipment on.


Mum wanted to participate, but changed her mind because her foot hurt too much due to the tightness


Our energy was used up after skiing for 3 hours, so we headed back to our room to rest before going out for dinner. Lunch was at the room, (not provided in the tour) and we had nooooodles which was quite delicious. After resting for a couple of hours, we gathered at the lobby, and went for dinner - Korean Bibimbap, full of meat and vegetables :D Returned the sets of winter jackets/sweaters and pants after filling our stomach, and back to the resort for a good night sleep, before checking out for another destination the next day :]

The next morning we headed to Herb Land, after breakfast and checking out, a place that grows different kind of herb. But because it's winter season, lakes are frozen and plants and herbs are covered with snow.



Later after a hot (and not very nice) seafood steamboat, we went to the National Park for a walk, then mountain climbing.



After ascending Mount Sorak by cable car (again), I had a really horrible and hard time climbing the slippery mountain covered with snow. I am trying to say, even my parents and brother had a easier time than me. I kept slippering, and almost fell flat on the ground. But luckily, dad was around, holding my hands firmly, ascertaining that I would not slip and fall off the mountain (even though there were railings, one can fall off from the mountain). Finally, we made it! I was breatheless, in fact every other there was breatheless. But it wasnt the end, there was more to go to the peak - the mountain covered with granite instead of snow, for this part. I didnt make it to the peak, because I really had this fear within me that I might just slip and fall off the cliff -.-



With all the climbing and struggling done, we descended and went for another walk at the other part of the park. Nothing much actually.



After walking and mountain climbing, it was still quite early for dinner. The tourists (we had 2 groups) and drivers were very kind, such that they arranged something for us, which was not included in the tour, before dinner. Afer planning, they decided to bring us to seaside (East). There were rows of stalls selling various items; seafood, snacks, fingerfood. Unnumerable of seagulls flying above our head, and I feared that they would just poo as and when they like, and their poo landing on us, LOL!



Like usual, we headed back to hotel (another hotel, not the Ski Resort anymore) for the day after dinner. I was so tired that I fell asleep almost immediately upon resting myself on the cozy and big bed..

Soon after checking out the hotel, we went for a buffet breakfast provided at the hotel. With a list of activities planned, we first started off by going to Everland, a magical world of nature's beauty and fairy tales. Lisa first brought us to the most attractive spot in Everland, the Safari World.



We went around the Safari on the bus provided there and we are not allowed to look around on foot. Why? You will be shocked with it - the African animals are not caged, they can move around. Yes, AROUND. There are only cables bounded the animals from moving to the road that the buses move on. See the bottom right picture above? The animal that look like both tiger and lion. I know what you're thinking. Yes, it's half tiger and lion. The only unique breed of animal the world has. It is produced by a tiger and lion (LOL) after mating. It's a twins, just that the other one is not around. It's such a pity that because of the special genetic cells they have, they are unable to produce more of their kinds. In other words, this extrordinary species will extinct when the twins die.

Anyway, after that, we are free to walk around the park. Mum went to play a 7-minute roller coaster with a few people of our tour group. Well, the 3 of us didnt join her because we were afraid! LOL. So yeah, we went other parts of the park, and saw a section with different categories, full of animals and bugs. Anuar you know, BUGS. HAHAHA. By the way, we didnt play much, because of the long long queues every station has, so we simply just walked around while waiting for mum for lunch.



After lunch, it was soon time to gather back at the entrance with the people of our tour. We went to Korea Traditional Cultural Centre where we learned how to make their famous Kimchi, a kind of cabbage mixed with chilli sauce, produced by a few different kind of spices. Subsequently, we went to try on Korea Traditional Costume, Hanbok, and took quite a few pictures (not only these, it's just that there are too many to upload).



With that, we left the centre, and our friendly and helpful bus driver drove us to Women's Street for window shopping. This street, like it's name, is uniquely and specially provides largely of women's products. There were men's product, but 99% of the street was filled with women's accessories and clothes. You can hardly spot any men's product. Afterwards, our bus driver drove us around the Presidential Blue House to see how it looks like, and we headed off to Korea's historical and majestic Palace.



There were 3xx buildings, but left about 1x because the rest were destroyed by the Japanese. In any case, South Korea government already had plans to rebuild the palace. Lisa told us it was said to be completed by 2022. Woah.





That's not the end of the day yet! Lisa told us we are heading to the Lotte World, Korea's largest indoor theme park before going back for the day. Like what had happened in Everland, there were many people at every station that my brother and I only went to one station to play, and then the 4 of us took a skytrain to view the night scenery of Lotte World.



The above family photo was taken by a deaf-mute couple. I am impressed with them because, despite their disabilities, they are able to travel overseas for holiday! Truly and seriously very impressed. In any case, we did not treat them with discrimination because of their disabilities. In fact, they were very gregarious and friendly towards everyone, and basically all of us are able to communicate with them through hand signs.

Alright, after this long long day and having dinner at the park, we headed back for the day at another hotel (last one). Among these resort and hotels, I am absolutely pleased with this Marriott hotel. The bed was so comfortable and big, a large plasma TV placed in front of the bed, and a high-class toilet with both bathtub and shower. There were five pillows on each bed, and I swear I've never felt so soothed and pleasant before (except at home, on my own bed!)

The very next day, after breakfast and buying snacks at the local provision shop, it was bye to Korea. (And it's hello to stress, school, test, homework zzz)



THAT'S ALL PEOPLE. I REALLY HAD A LONG TIME WRITING THIS ENTRY. Anyway, for those who wants to watch the video I recorded, you can let me know, and come to my house to watch it. This only applies to my closer friends, especially Poh Khee! But well, no harm asking me if you want, I might agree! Haha :]

School tomorrow! NOOOOOOOOOO!